I love brunch – it’s probably my favourite meal of the day!
This is a quick and easy way to make a simple brunch taste a-ma-zing!
Ingredients (per person)
- Slices of wholemeal bread – 1 or 2
- Eggs – x 2
- Slices of bacon (I cut the fat off) – x 2
- Avocado – x 0.5
- Coconut oil (or other oil) – 0.5 tsp
- Lemon rapeseed oil – 0.5 tsp
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Pre-heat a griddle pan / frying pan and add coconut oil / your other oil
- Pop the bacon in a griddle pan – turning every couple of mins
- Put the bread into the toaster
- Pop the kettle on (you need boiling water for the poached eggs)
- Grease the pan you are going to use to poach your eggs (with oil or butter) and make sure you do the sides and the bottom – we don’t want any egg stuck to the sides
- Put the boiling water into a pan and put the cooker on so that the water is gently simmering
- Scoop the avocado into a mixing bowl and add the rapeseed oil and mash it up (I use a potato masher)
- Stir the water in the pan with a spoon so that the water is spinning and crack the eggs directly into the middle of the water – leave for 2-5 mins (depending on how you prefer your eggs)
- Spread mashed avocado onto the toast
- Turn off the eggs and bacon – best not to forget to turn the cooker off like I have done a few times – eek!
- Take the eggs out of the pan with a serving spoon and drain off any water
- Pop the eggs on the avocado toast
- Add the bacon to the plate
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
Eat and enjoy!